A message to our patients regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 outbreak and the potential health risks, LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is taking steps to help reduce the possibility of exposures at our facility.
Effective 3/14/20, the facility will NOT be permitting visitors to visit patients.
Special considerations can be made for hospice patients, critical patients and patients who are comfort measures.
All outpatients will be expected to check in at the front desk for screening before they will be permitted any further into the facility.
As we continue to monitor the situation closely and guidelines are changed, adjustments to the plan may require revisions at the facility’s discretion.
The CDC, Department of Health and LECOM Health Officials Recommend the Following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid large crowds or gatherings for the next few weeks.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a face mask to protect yourself and others regardless if you display any symptoms.
- Face masks should also be used by people who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent further spread of the disease. The use of face masks is crucial for healthcare workers and those caring for individuals in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).