Transitional Care Plus
This service is designed to ensure that patients who have to travel to hospitals outside of our community for specialized care have the opportunity to receive restorative and rehabilitative services. TCP allows patients to recover/rehabilitate in a hospital closer to their homes and families, eliminating the potentially costly travel and lodging expenses for family/friends that may occur if the patient were to remain in an “out-of-town” hospital. Furthermore, it allows patients to recover/rehabilitate in their own communities, eliminating the stress that can come from an unfamiliar environment.
- Rehabilitation – A program specifically tailored to each patient’s needs and administered by a medical professional appropriately trained and licensed
- Medication Management – Some patients may require significant amounts of medication on a very specific schedule. We are equipped to manage this process with patients
- Nutritional Consultation – Our team of nutritionists and dieticians advise and set up meal programs meeting their specific needs
- Skilled Nursing Care – Our highly qualified and experienced nurses stand ready to serve each patient
- Discharge Planning – Highly experienced and knowledgeable discharge planners ease the process of discharge, ensure that each patient is knowledgeable in what additional medical care is required following discharge, and we ensure that all pertinent medical information is transferred to a long-term care facility when a patient’s state of health warrants such a transfer
Because our TCP program is certified by Medicare, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Blue Cross of Western Pennsylvania, many insurance carriers will pay for this service.